What Is Bottom-Up Bidding?
We’ve built a new technology with the same objective as RTB-enabled ad exchanges: make technology that matches an advertiser’s goals with publishers with open ad space. Here’s how it works:
- You load a page.
- This triggers a new request for an ad (an impression).
- Advertisers in that Clique (niche market category, like alpine skiing) bid.
- The highest bidder wins the impression—their ad gets displayed.
- If no bids are placed, the impression moves up to the next most general Clique.
- The same process happens over and over until the impression is purchased.
- If no one bids, we foot the bill for a PSA for a nonprofit.
- Publishers are paid the higher CPMs they deserve.
- Advertisers’ ads are seen by the relevant audience, resulting in higher ROI.